Thousands of Discounts
Explore ways to SAVE on what you buy, what you do for fun, and where you vacation!
Protecting Myself and My Stuff
Learn about the range of programs for protecting/covering your life, health, home, pets and personal property.
Take advantage of a wide variety of credit card, savings, student loan and investment opportunities and information to prepare you for financial success.
News from Member Benefits
This notice is a month early but we wanted to give you a “heads up” so you can get ready! We’ll remind you again with the May newsletter.
NEA Member Benefits is going all out to celebrate NEA members throughout May! Here’s how we’re appreciating YOU all month long
31 Days of Giving – You’ll have a chance to win awesome daily prizes – or the grand prize of $1,000 – every day in May! Starting at noon ET on May 1, go to neamb.com/appreciation every afternoon to find out that day’s giveaway. You can enter once a day, every day, through May 31.
Limited-time deals and freebies – You’ll also have access to lots of exclusive discounts and gifts to thank you for all the hard work you do every day.
This is our way of saying “thank you” for everything that you do to help shape America’s future.
Don’t miss out: Go to neamb.com/appreciation starting May 1!
NEA Complimentary Life Insurance
At five consecutive years of membership:
- $1,000 Life
- $5,000 AD&D
- $50,000 AD&D on job
- $150,000 homicide on job
Register or update beneficiary online: www.neamb.com
NEA Introductory Term Life Insurance
Free for brand new members of NEA:
- $15,000 for 12 months at no cost
- After 12 months choose to continue with no underwriting and at a low, member-only rate.
As a member of NEA/IEA, you have a variety of resources for your classroom, to pay for additional education, to obtain degrees, and develop professionally. NEA offers details about these resources online at neamb.com. Here are examples of the ways your membership can enhance your professional growth:
We all know that those who teach are unique and very special. Teachers deserve to enjoy their free time as much as possible. Here are 8 deals we want our teachers to take advantage of.
What is vision insurance?
Vision insurance provides coverage and savings on the cost of an annual eye exam, prescription eyewear and lenses, contact lenses, and other eye-related services.
What can vision insurance do for me?
You deserve the best vision coverage at the lowest out-of-pocket costs—and VSP® Vision Care delivers. With VSP, you’ll get coverage for the things you care about most:
Personalized eye care for you and your family
An annual eye exam that allows your eye care provider to check the health of your eyes and for signs of other health conditions
A wide selection of affordable and stylish eyewear you’ll love
Savings on exams, services, and eyewear—meaning more money in your pocket
What does VSP vision insurance cover?
Everyone needs an annual eye exam, and most families have at least one member who needs glasses or contacts. In addition to a comprehensive eye exam, VSP covers lenses and lens enhancements with low copays or savings on standard pricing. Some plans also cover sunglasses.
VSP providers take the time to get to know your eyes and deliver the best possible care. Many have evening, weekend, and early morning office hours to fit your busy schedule. Visit vsp.com to find a conveniently located VSP provider.
Plus, using your VSP benefit is easy. There are no claims to file when you see a VSP provider.
vsp.com | 800.877.7195
1. Blueocean Market Intelligence National Vision Plan Member Research, 201
As the temperature begins to drop and the school bells continue ringing, Lysol wants to help you and your students combat unwanted germs. Here are some helpful tips to prevent getting sick from the flu and common cold:
- Wipe It Down – The flu virus can live on a hard surface for 48 hours. Make sure to disinfect commonly touched surfaces, like keyboards, doorknobs and desks with Lysol Disinfecting Wipes to kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria and create a healthy classroom.
- Avoid Sick Days – With approximately 38 million school days missed each year due to influenza alone, remind students to practice healthy habits such as proper hand washing and sneezing in the crook of their arm to help keep sick days to a minimum.
- Stack up the Supplies – With all the sticky fingers and germy hands, make sure there are plenty of cleaning supplies stocked in the classroom. Try Lysol Disinfecting Spray to combat those airborne invaders.
- Collect, Clip and Earn Cash for Schools– Encourage parents to give back to their child’s schools. Select Lysol cleaning products are eligible for Box Tops for redemption, so schools can earn cash and create a healthy experience for students all year round.
Lysol works in concert with the National Education Association and the National PTA to provide information on healthy environments in public schools.
 CDC. “Vital Health and Statistics. Current Estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, 1996.”; Published October 1999
Wendie L, IEA Member Benefits wrote:
I was so excited to make a couple of great purchases through Click & Save. I got a super deep discount on a Lenovo tablet and an excellent wireless HP printer with both automatic two-sided printing and a wonderful automatic document feeder.
Besides all this good news, I got SIX times WOW points on the tablet purchase and I’m doing a happy dance about that.
IEA Member Benefits bought a new HP OfficeJet 4630 printer for its office from Best Buy through the NEA Click and Save Program. Regular price was $99.99. Click and Save price: $69.99 And we saved on shipping becausse we picked it up at the Best Buy store. (That’s a 30% savings!)
Collette E, IEA Member Benefits