Thousands of Discounts
Explore ways to SAVE on what you buy, what you do for fun, and where you vacation!
Protecting Myself and My Stuff
Learn about the range of programs for protecting/covering your life, health, home, pets and personal property.
Take advantage of a wide variety of credit card, savings, student loan and investment opportunities and information to prepare you for financial success.
News from Member Benefits
USE YOUR EDUCATOR ACCESS DISCOUNT PROGRAM!
This is IEA’s most popular discount program: in the past year IEA members took advantage of 3,236 discounts with this program and saved a total of $127,370 as a result. Plan ahead to save money wherever you go this summer. Where can you save? Hotels, dining, condos and resorts, golf, movies, recreation, entertainment, cruises. You can also save on shopping.
Go to IEA Member Benefits website. Find and click on the picture of the IEA membership card to take you to the Access website. If needed, register with the last 7 digits of your membership number, your personal e-mail address, and create a password. You only need to register once. Each time thereafter you sign in with your e-mail and password. Browse the site and DISCOVER the thousands of ways to save!
You want to hear some testimonials, you say:
- “I saved $50 a night which was 75% off the normal price on hotels in Portland.” – Shannon N, Boise;
- “Roosevelt Bed and Breakfast – wonderful room and delicious gourmet breakfast for half the price.” – Jan S., Boundary County;
- “I used the Access benefit when I went to Orlando one summer and was able to save over $400 in my hotel bill alone.” – Erlinda M. What Erlinda doesn’t tell you is that you can also save on theme park costs such as DisneyWorld, etc.
Find any Red Box and get DVDs, two for the price of one (use the app described below.)
Every time you eat at Chili’s you can get a free serving of chips and queso (with the app again.)
We don’t have the room and you don’t have the time to learn of the over quarter million discounts available nationwide.
There is a GPS friendly app that accompanies this Access benefit. The Access site will guide you to the app or you can download the “My Deals” app from the app store, register using your home email address and mobile password (1006 – [last 7 digits of] your membership number.) Wherever you are, the app will show the discounts in that vicinity.
More ways to use your association benefits and save this summer:
TicketsatWork.com – Here’s a great way to save money and take advantage of discounts and special offers for many theme parks and attractions nationwide (should you plan to leave town and Idaho and see the rest of the country.) We’re talking about places such as
- Walt Disney World Resort,
- Universal Studios,
- Disneyland Park,
- Sea World,
- Six Flags,
- Cirque du Soleil,
- Las Vegas and New York City shows and performances,
- Busch Gardens,
- Kennedy Space Center,
- Orlando Balloon Rides,
- Orlando Dinner Shows (oodles of other Orlando attractions)
- Gray Line Grand Canyon Tours,
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours,
- Las Vegas Hotels (save as much as 50%) (oodles of Las Vegas attractions)
- Knott’s Berry Farm,
- San Diego Zoo,
- Legoland (oodles of other California attractions)
- Gray Line NYC sightseeing,
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (save 15% and skip the line),
- New York City Explorer Pass (save 45%) (oodles more NYC attractions)
And then there is the latest association benefit: NEA Vacations. Save on hotels and resorts, air fare, cruises, guided vacations, vacation packages. Earn NEA Travel Dollars to give you even more discounts. A member has reported that she saved $400 on two plane tickets!!
California Casualty has been a business partner with IEA Member Benefits since 1988. Over 3000 IEA members (it is the most used benefit of all the association benefits available) will testify that this is a great insurance company with competitive pricing and outstanding services.
Plus, there are extra perks (most at no extra charge) you may not find with any other auto insurance company:
- $500 personal property coverage,
- deductible waiver if your auto is vandalized at or close to your school,
- summer or holiday skip payment option,
- ID defense,
- rates locked in for a full year (California Casualty had a rate reduction in Idaho this past September),
- towing and roadside assistance, etc., etc., etc.
See the ad and get a quote for great coverage.
Through the NEA Home Financing Program, with financing provided by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, NEA members, their parents and children have access to a wide range of home loan options to meet a variety of needs and receive a special benefit after closing.
Spring is a great time to take a fresh look at what needs to be done around a home and consider any home financing goals you have for the future.
Things to check around the house
No matter where you live, now is a good time to take inventory of what to take care of at home, to ensure that you’re ready for the months ahead. Be sure to check off the following items:
- Check the batteries in the smoke alarms and flashlights
- Replenish any emergency items like water
- Have your air conditioner inspected by a professional
- Check exterior doors and windows for cracked or broken glass
Review insurance needs
It’s important to evaluate homeowners insurance coverage on a regular basis. This will help make sure that coverage keeps pace with the cost to repair or rebuild a home and replace its contents, including any upgrades made over time. While this could lead to higher premiums, it helps to be more adequately insured and less vulnerable to high out-of-pocket expenses.
The following are just a few items that can affect insurance and the premium being paid:
- Home remodeling project
- Installation of a pool or trampoline
- The age of a house and roof—and the materials
- A home-based business
To ensure that you’re properly covered, contact an insurance agent and review coverage every year. In addition:
- Consider combining your policies. Many insurance companies offer discounts for bundling policies.
- Purchase umbrella liability insurance to protect yourself against claims that may exceed your current coverage limits. Umbrella policies generally offer $1 million or more in additional coverage at reasonable rates.
Think about your future home financing needs
A regular mortgage check helps you think about whether your mortgage still aligns with your current goals, such as making renovations, buying your next home or a vacation property, refinancing your current mortgage, or helping one of your children buy their first home. Checking in with your home mortgage consultant to evaluate your current situation only takes a few minutes and is a great opportunity to help ensure you’re making the changes necessary to meet your goals. Even making a small adjustment, such as changing your payment schedule, could benefit you in the long run.
Add to your list a look at the NEA Home Financing Program. You can buy a new home or refinance with this Association member benefit. After closing on a loan through the NEA Home Financing Program, you’re eligible to receive a MyMortgage GiftSM award from Wells Fargo approximately 6 weeks after closing — $500 for buying a home, or $300 for refinancing your home – for use at participating retailers. 1
To learn more, call the NEA Home Financing Program at 800-632-4968 or visit us online.
Eligible individuals can receive the Wells Fargo My Mortgage GiftSM award approximately 6 weeks after closing on a new purchase or refinance loan secured by an eligible first mortgage or deed of trust with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage (“New Loan”), subject to qualification, approval and closing, when identifying themselves as eligible. The My Mortgage GiftSM award is not available with any Wells Fargo Three-Step Refinance SYSTEM® program, The Relocation Mortgage Program® or to any Wells Fargo team member. Only one My Mortgage Gift award is permitted per eligible (“New Loan”). This award cannot be combined with any other award, discount or rebate, except for yourFirstMortgageSM. This award is void where prohibited, transferable, and subject to change or cancellation with no prior notice. Awards may constitute taxable income. Federal, state and local taxes, and any use of the award not otherwise specified in the Terms and Conditions (also provided at receipt of award) are the sole responsibility of the My Mortgage GiftSM recipient.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage has a services agreement with NEA’s Member Benefit Corporation in which NEA’s Member Benefit Corporation receives a financial benefit for providing agreed upon services. You are encouraged to shop around to ensure you are receiving the services and loan terms that fit your home financing needs.
Information is accurate as of date of distribution. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. © 2017 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. NMLSR ID 399801
Pets are part of the family too, that’s why pet insurance from Pets Best is available to NEA members.
What is pet insurance?
Pet insurance helps you pay expensive veterinary bills, so your pet can receive the recommended care they deserve.
How does pet insurance work?
Pet insurance is a reimbursement policy. You choose a reimbursement percentage from 70% up to 90%, and pair it with your desired deductible amount to create a plan that works with your budget.
Accidents and illness coverage from Pets Best reimburses you for many common procedures and illnesses such as:
• Emergency visits
• And much more…
With Pets Best…
• Premium options are flexible and affordable
• Most claims are paid in 5 days or less!
• Wellness options are available as add-ons
• You can be reimbursed within 5 days or less!
• You can take your pet to any licensed veterinarian in the country
• You pay an annual deductible, not per incident
• You have short waiting periods
• No upper-age restrictions and all breeds are eligible for coverage
Pets Best has you covered—from basic accident and illness plans to routine care—and plans start at less than $1 per day!
The next time you’re faced with an unexpected vet bill, let Pets Best help!
NEA members are eligible for a 5% discount.
Your savings can grow faster with the NEA® Online Savings Account through Discover Bank, Member FDIC. You get a rate that’s consistently among the nation’s highest—5x the national savings average 1. Plus you get additional member-only benefits:
No minimum deposit to open
$50 Bonus 2 for members who open and fund a new NEA Online Savings Account by May 31, 2017 and make an initial minimum deposit of $500 or more by June 15, 2017.
NEA Member Benefits is going all out to celebrate NEA members throughout May! Here’s how NEA Member Benefits is appreciating YOU all month long:
31 Days of Giving – You’ll have a chance to win awesome daily prizes – or the grand prize of $1,000 – every day in May! Starting at noon ET on May 1, go to neamb.com/appreciation every afternoon to find out that day’s giveaway. You can enter once a day, every day, through May 31.
Limited-time deals and freebies – You’ll also have access to lots of exclusive discounts and gifts to thank you for all the hard work you do every day.
This is NEA MB’s way of saying “thank you” for everything that you do to help shape America’s future.
Don’t miss out: Go to neamb.com/appreciation starting at noon on May 1!
NEA Members Save on Airfare, Hotels, Resorts, Cruises and More!
NEA Vacations offers you a world of travel discounts. Whether you’re planning a family vacation or your dream getaway NEA members can see more and do more for less.
SAVE with access to prices not available elsewhere on:
- Hotels and Resorts
- Guided Vacations, Vacation Packages and more!
PLUS, as an added bonus, NEA Members can earn NEA Travel Dollars to use as partial payment on cruises, resorts, hotels and vacation packages.
Learn about this great BRAND NEW BENEFIT at https://www.neamb.com/travel/nea-vacations.htm.
In a month or a little more, IEA members will conclude their student contact for the current school year. That is not to say that IEA members divorce themselves totally from their professional responsibilities during the summer. We continue during the summer: advancing our education expertise with professional development; planning and preparing for a new crop of students in the fall, etc.
However, summer is the opportunity for most IEA members to get some “rest and relaxation” and get mentally prepared for the next school year. To assist in that ”R & R” be sure to check out how your association member benefits can help you.
If you plan to go someplace special, either in the US or abroad be sure to check out how you can benefit from discounts with the newly launched NEA Vacations. Here you can find ways to save money on hotels and resorts, air travel, cruises, guided vacations and vacation packages.
Even if you are staying close to home, you can save money in your pocket book by using a couple of valuable association discount programs. The NEA program Click and Save can save you up to 30% on all kinds of purchases: apparel, movie tickets, restaurants and dining, house wares, hotels, gifts, appliances, etc.
Speaking of appliances, be sure to investigate this great benefit called GE Appliances Store. Save on that new refrigerator you have been needing.
Then there is the worldwide discount purchasing program through IEA Member Benefits called the Educator Discount Program. Save wherever you go with the mobile app MyDeals.
Or, if you are staying close to home, enjoy savings in your own back yard. Did you know? – Save up to 50% for dining needs, shopping, car services, cell phone service, entertainment, theme parks, hotel stays, cruises, movies, home improvement, MORE,MORE,MORE. Examples: close to 600 discounts available in north Idaho, over 2000 discounts available in the treasure valley, close to 1000 discounts in east Idaho, over 250 discounts in the Magic Valley. IEA members have saved as much as $600 in one summer using this IEA member benefit. Take advantage of your IEA/NEA member benefits and enjoy your summer.
If the phrase “group tour” makes you envision a crowd in matching windbreakers lining up behind a flag-wielding trip leader, think again. Guided vacation companies embrace the notion that 21st-century travelers want unique, engaging experiences that go beyond merely viewing a destination’s iconic highlights.
“It’s about authentic experiences,” says Paul Wiseman, president of Trafalgar, a 68-year-old guided vacation company. “It’s very clear that the new generation of traveler wants to connect with insider experiences.”
That’s great news for people yearning to travel, and you can choose from a host of engaging tours to explore the world.
Why take a guided trip instead of going it alone? The United States Tour Operators Association explains that group trips can save time, money and hassle. They also offer the chance to connect with other like-minded globe-trotters.
But what really distinguishes guided tours are the expert guides who lead these one-of-a-kind journeys.
“They take you to places off the beaten path that you’d never find on your own,” says Lucas Bialecki, U.S. Groups business development manager for G Adventures. “They show people a way of travel that will connect them with the locals as much as possible.”
What kind of guided tour should you take? There are hundreds of trips available, so you’ll want to narrow down your choices to the types of tours that will give you an experience that caters to your personal preferences.
Ask yourself these 8 questions to select the best excursion for you:
1. Where do I want to go? In total, tour companies such as Trafalgar and G Adventures travel to all 7 continents, with trips to more than 100 countries. The possibilities are endless—and seemingly overwhelming. Take some time to explore the maps, itineraries and videos on tour operators’ websites to determine where your wanderlust will lead you.
2. What’s my travel style? Guided vacations are tailored for widely different interests. Choose from classic journeys (London, Paris, Tuscany), active itineraries (biking and hiking, or high-adrenaline adventures in Alaska), leisure trips (a more relaxed pace with upgraded comforts) and family tours (age-appropriate activities and food for the fussy).
3. How many other people do I want to travel with? Picture your ideal companions before choosing your trip. If you’re celebrating an anniversary, you might not want a group with lots of young kids. But if the journey is intended to open your children’s eyes to the world, traveling with other families could be ideal. A smaller group builds camaraderie and blends in at the destination more easily, but a larger group has its own benefits. You have the chance to get to know more people, and prices often are less expensive.
4. What activities do I want to experience? This is where guided trips really shine—with the unique, hands-on activities curated for your group. Cooking with an Italian chef, dude ranching in Montana, whisky tasting at a Scottish distillery, biking in British Columbia, hiking with a knowledgeable local guide and salsa dancing in Guatemala are all possible on a guided vacation. All you have to do is consider what kinds of excursions speak to you.
5. What am I hungry for? Exotic cuisine can be one of the most memorable parts of your trip, but everyone has different tastes. Are you an adventurous eater (fried scorpions), a locavore (farmstead cheese) or more traditional (cheeseburger, please)? Weigh a trip’s dining options with your culinary preferences.
6. Where do I want to sleep? Your lodging can offer so much more than a good night’s rest. It’s an experience in its own right. Options range from a boutique hotel in the heart of the city to a renovated lakeside palace or a homestay in the country.
7. How do I want to get around? Think about how the tour will navigate at the destination. Maybe you’d prefer the comfort and reliability of an air-conditioned bus. Alternatively, taxis and trains (or camels and rickshaws) let you rub shoulders with the locals and reduce your travel footprint.
8. How spontaneous do I want to be? Some trips offer more flexibility than others. Consider whether you’d like downtime with the chance to explore on your own or if you’d rather stick with your group 24/7 and adhere to a preplanned schedule.
So what’ll it be? Viewing exotic creatures in the Galápagos or cycling in Central America? Cooking in Charleston or paddling California’s Pacific Coast? Sipping sangria in Spain or trekking in Tibet? Guided tours can take you anywhere—from the United States, Caribbean and Mexico to Europe and the Arctic. Pick your pleasure, and leave the rest to the professionals.
Start dreaming about—and planning—your next getaway with Trafalgar and G Adventures. As an NEA member, you’ll save with our exclusive discounts.
Check out Trafalgar’s vacations for NEA members.
Discover G Adventures for NEA members.