A month and a half away brings that pleasant time of the year when we must file our income taxes. Such fun!!
As a member of the IEA/NEA you have certain benefits that will help you save money through certain tax preparation services.
Through NEA Click and Save you can save up to $20 on software products with H&R Block and Turbotax. Check it out at neamb.com/clickandsave. You will have to register to get deeper into the Click and Save site but once you are there look for the “tax services” banner.
Also through the Educator Access Discount Program you can save up to $25 with H&R Block. You can use this service by visiting the IEA Member Benefits website ieamemberbenefits.org and clicking on the picture of the membership card at the bottom of the home page. This will take you to the Access site. Once there you can register by following the prompts using your IEA member ID from your membership card (hint: you will find the same number on the mailing label on your latest NEA Today magazine.) Once you have registered then you can do the search for H&R Block and take advantage of the savings.
Plus, there is one more option for filing your taxes:
MyFreeTaxes.com is a 100% free program aimed at those who qualify.
- Individuals or families that earned $66,000 or less in 2017 can file federal and up to three state taxes for free through an easy, safe platform and save an average of $200 in tax preparation fees.
- MyFreeTaxes is sponsored by United Way and powered by H&R Block.
- Filers can start their taxes online and finish them on their computer, tablet or smart phone. They can even upload their W-2s and other tax forms by taking a picture on their phones.
- The premium software is guaranteed to be 100% accurate and ensures filers get the maximum refund.
- Filers are not solicited, ever.
If you qualify, visit MyFreeTaxes.com or text MyFreeTaxes to 313131 to get started.