Members Advantage E-Newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest special offers from our IEA Member Benefits.
Whether you want a mind-blowing HD1 experience on your TV or you want to enjoy your favorite shows on whatever screen you have handy, DIRECTV is the ultimate source for everything you love in entertainment. With DIRECTV you get all of the TV you love, on any compatible device you want, and cutting-edge technology to experience it like never before!
Plus, as an NEA member, when you become a new subscriber to DIRECTV and choose any one of the four programming packages below, you’ll receive a $100 gift card2 along with introductory prices starting at $50/month, plus taxes, for 12 months with a 24-month tv agreement**:
• CHOICETM All-Included: Offers a winning combination of comedy, drama, lifestyle, news, and sports channels, including the viewer’s regional sports networks for local pro teams, all at a great value. Includes 2017 NFL Sunday Ticket—at no extra cost.
• XTRA All-Included: DIRECTV’s most popular package offers a premium entertainment experience, including the viewer’s regional sports networks for local pro teams, without the premium price tag. Includes 2017 NFL Sunday Ticket—at no extra cost.
• ULTIMATE All-Included: Movie-lovers’ package has 14 movie channels, including every ENCORE® channel. Includes 2017 NFL Sunday Ticket—at no extra cost.
• PREMIERTM All-Included: Premium package includes HBO®, SHOWTIME®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, and DIRECTV Sports Pack. Includes 2017 NFL Sunday Ticket—at no extra cost.
All-Included packages include monthly equipment fees for up to four rooms and the HD DVR monthly service fee. A selection of packages for Spanish speakers is also available. Terms and conditions apply to all packages**. Find out more about your DIRECTV options at www.neamb.com/directv today!
1To access HD programming, HD tv required. Number of HD channels varies by package.
2 Gift card compliments of TeleStatOnline (DGS).
**ALL DIRECTV OFFERS REQUIRE A 24-MONTH AGREEMENT. ADDITIONAL FEES APPLY. New approved residential DIRECTV customers only (equipment lease required). Credit approval required. Credit card required (except MA & PA). Pro-rated ETF (up to $480) and Equipment Non-Return fees apply. Programming, pricing and offers are subject to change and may vary in certain markets. Some offers may not be available through all channels and in select areas.
This notice is a month early but we wanted to give you a “heads up” so you can get ready! We’ll remind you again with the May newsletter.
NEA Member Benefits is going all out to celebrate NEA members throughout May! Here’s how we’re appreciating YOU all month long
31 Days of Giving – You’ll have a chance to win awesome daily prizes – or the grand prize of $1,000 – every day in May! Starting at noon ET on May 1, go to neamb.com/appreciation every afternoon to find out that day’s giveaway. You can enter once a day, every day, through May 31.
Limited-time deals and freebies – You’ll also have access to lots of exclusive discounts and gifts to thank you for all the hard work you do every day.
This is our way of saying “thank you” for everything that you do to help shape America’s future.
Don’t miss out: Go to neamb.com/appreciation starting May 1!
NEA Complimentary Life Insurance
At five consecutive years of membership:
- $1,000 Life
- $5,000 AD&D
- $50,000 AD&D on job
- $150,000 homicide on job
Register or update beneficiary online: www.neamb.com
NEA Introductory Term Life Insurance
Free for brand new members of NEA:
- $15,000 for 12 months at no cost
- After 12 months choose to continue with no underwriting and at a low, member-only rate.
As a member of NEA/IEA, you have a variety of resources for your classroom, to pay for additional education, to obtain degrees, and develop professionally. NEA offers details about these resources online at neamb.com. Here are examples of the ways your membership can enhance your professional growth:
We all know that those who teach are unique and very special. Teachers deserve to enjoy their free time as much as possible. Here are 8 deals we want our teachers to take advantage of.
What is vision insurance?
Vision insurance provides coverage and savings on the cost of an annual eye exam, prescription eyewear and lenses, contact lenses, and other eye-related services.
What can vision insurance do for me?
You deserve the best vision coverage at the lowest out-of-pocket costs—and VSP® Vision Care delivers. With VSP, you’ll get coverage for the things you care about most:
Personalized eye care for you and your family
An annual eye exam that allows your eye care provider to check the health of your eyes and for signs of other health conditions
A wide selection of affordable and stylish eyewear you’ll love
Savings on exams, services, and eyewear—meaning more money in your pocket
What does VSP vision insurance cover?
Everyone needs an annual eye exam, and most families have at least one member who needs glasses or contacts. In addition to a comprehensive eye exam, VSP covers lenses and lens enhancements with low copays or savings on standard pricing. Some plans also cover sunglasses.
VSP providers take the time to get to know your eyes and deliver the best possible care. Many have evening, weekend, and early morning office hours to fit your busy schedule. Visit vsp.com to find a conveniently located VSP provider.
Plus, using your VSP benefit is easy. There are no claims to file when you see a VSP provider.
vsp.com | 800.877.7195
1. Blueocean Market Intelligence National Vision Plan Member Research, 201
As the temperature begins to drop and the school bells continue ringing, Lysol wants to help you and your students combat unwanted germs. Here are some helpful tips to prevent getting sick from the flu and common cold:
- Wipe It Down – The flu virus can live on a hard surface for 48 hours. Make sure to disinfect commonly touched surfaces, like keyboards, doorknobs and desks with Lysol Disinfecting Wipes to kill 99.9% of viruses and bacteria and create a healthy classroom.
- Avoid Sick Days – With approximately 38 million school days missed each year due to influenza alone, remind students to practice healthy habits such as proper hand washing and sneezing in the crook of their arm to help keep sick days to a minimum.
- Stack up the Supplies – With all the sticky fingers and germy hands, make sure there are plenty of cleaning supplies stocked in the classroom. Try Lysol Disinfecting Spray to combat those airborne invaders.
- Collect, Clip and Earn Cash for Schools– Encourage parents to give back to their child’s schools. Select Lysol cleaning products are eligible for Box Tops for redemption, so schools can earn cash and create a healthy experience for students all year round.
Lysol works in concert with the National Education Association and the National PTA to provide information on healthy environments in public schools.
 CDC. “Vital Health and Statistics. Current Estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, 1996.”; Published October 1999
Being a member of the NEA has many advantages, but one of the best benefits your Association provides to eligible NEA members is no-cost life insurance. If you haven’t done so already, take the time now to register or update your beneficiaries for:
NEA® Complimentary Life Insurance (for all eligible members):
NEA Complimentary Life Insurance is provided at no cost to active, staff, reserve and life members. Coverage is automatic, and members do not have to enroll or apply. Plan benefits include: up to $1,000 of Term Life Insurance, up to $5,000 of Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance ($50,000 for covered accidents that occur on the job or while serving as an Association Leader), and $150,000 of Term Life Insurance for an unlawful homicide while on the job. This insurance is provided through the NEA Members Insurance Trust® and underwritten by The Prudential Insurance Company of America—a trusted NEA partner for more than 50 years. We strongly encourage you to register or update your beneficiary for this coverage at www.neamb.com/complife.
NEA® Introductory Term Life Insurance (for eligible NEW members):
$15,000 of Term Life Insurance is provided to all eligible new NEA members for 12 months at no cost. Coverage is automatic, and members do not have to enroll or apply. After the initial 12 months of coverage, members may continue their insurance with no medical questions, applications to complete, or evidence of insurability. All that’s required is paying their insurance premium when due. This coverage is also provided by the NEA Members Insurance Trust® and underwritten by The Prudential Insurance Company of America. Register your beneficiary now at www.neamb.com/introlife.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for either of these NEA life insurance programs, please call the Member Service Center toll-free at 1-800-637-4636, email Ask-Us@neamb.com or chat online at www.neamb.com .
NEA Member Benefits (NEA MB) wishes you a successful school year!
Whether you are just starting your career, already retired or somewhere in-between, the NEA Retirement Program offers educational resources and investment products to help you manage your retirement planning and income needs.
The NEA Retirement Planning Center is designed to help you become better informed and prepared to navigate the changing and challenging retirement landscape. The Center provides free access to helpful online tools, including:
- Retirement income calculator with personalized projections of your specific state pension and other financial accounts
- Kiplinger’s Retirement Report
- Timely articles focused on your life stage
Visit the Retirement Planning Center.
In partnership with Security Benefit, the NEA Retirement Program offers a suite of products to help you save for retirement throughout the different stages of your life. And, you have the choice of working with an NEA Retirement Specialist who can help guide you (contact IEA Member Benefits to find out who your Retirement Specialist is in your locale – his/her services are free to members) or you can take advantage of Self-Directed Investing.
To learn more about our Program options, please visit Investment Products.