Members Advantage E-Newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest special offers from our IEA Member Benefits.
Pets are part of the family too, that’s why pet insurance from Pets Best is available to NEA members.
What is pet insurance?
Pet insurance helps you pay expensive veterinary bills, so your pet can receive the recommended care they deserve.
How does pet insurance work?
Pet insurance is a reimbursement policy. You choose a reimbursement percentage from 70% up to 90%, and pair it with your desired deductible amount to create a plan that works with your budget.
Accidents and illness coverage from Pets Best reimburses you for many common procedures and illnesses such as:
• Emergency visits
• And much more…
With Pets Best…
• Premium options are flexible and affordable
• Most claims are paid in 5 days or less!
• Wellness options are available as add-ons
• You can be reimbursed within 5 days or less!
• You can take your pet to any licensed veterinarian in the country
• You pay an annual deductible, not per incident
• You have short waiting periods
• No upper-age restrictions and all breeds are eligible for coverage
Pets Best has you covered—from basic accident and illness plans to routine care—and plans start at less than $1 per day!
The next time you’re faced with an unexpected vet bill, let Pets Best help!
NEA members are eligible for a 5% discount.
Your savings can grow faster with the NEA® Online Savings Account through Discover Bank, Member FDIC. You get a rate that’s consistently among the nation’s highest—5x the national savings average 1. Plus you get additional member-only benefits:
No minimum deposit to open
$50 Bonus 2 for members who open and fund a new NEA Online Savings Account by May 31, 2017 and make an initial minimum deposit of $500 or more by June 15, 2017.
NEA Member Benefits is going all out to celebrate NEA members throughout May! Here’s how NEA Member Benefits is appreciating YOU all month long:
31 Days of Giving – You’ll have a chance to win awesome daily prizes – or the grand prize of $1,000 – every day in May! Starting at noon ET on May 1, go to neamb.com/appreciation every afternoon to find out that day’s giveaway. You can enter once a day, every day, through May 31.
Limited-time deals and freebies – You’ll also have access to lots of exclusive discounts and gifts to thank you for all the hard work you do every day.
This is NEA MB’s way of saying “thank you” for everything that you do to help shape America’s future.
Don’t miss out: Go to neamb.com/appreciation starting at noon on May 1!
NEA Members Save on Airfare, Hotels, Resorts, Cruises and More!
NEA Vacations offers you a world of travel discounts. Whether you’re planning a family vacation or your dream getaway NEA members can see more and do more for less.
SAVE with access to prices not available elsewhere on:
- Hotels and Resorts
- Guided Vacations, Vacation Packages and more!
PLUS, as an added bonus, NEA Members can earn NEA Travel Dollars to use as partial payment on cruises, resorts, hotels and vacation packages.
Learn about this great BRAND NEW BENEFIT at https://www.neamb.com/travel/nea-vacations.htm.
In a month or a little more, IEA members will conclude their student contact for the current school year. That is not to say that IEA members divorce themselves totally from their professional responsibilities during the summer. We continue during the summer: advancing our education expertise with professional development; planning and preparing for a new crop of students in the fall, etc.
However, summer is the opportunity for most IEA members to get some “rest and relaxation” and get mentally prepared for the next school year. To assist in that ”R & R” be sure to check out how your association member benefits can help you.
If you plan to go someplace special, either in the US or abroad be sure to check out how you can benefit from discounts with the newly launched NEA Vacations. Here you can find ways to save money on hotels and resorts, air travel, cruises, guided vacations and vacation packages.
Even if you are staying close to home, you can save money in your pocket book by using a couple of valuable association discount programs. The NEA program Click and Save can save you up to 30% on all kinds of purchases: apparel, movie tickets, restaurants and dining, house wares, hotels, gifts, appliances, etc.
Speaking of appliances, be sure to investigate this great benefit called GE Appliances Store. Save on that new refrigerator you have been needing.
Then there is the worldwide discount purchasing program through IEA Member Benefits called the Educator Discount Program. Save wherever you go with the mobile app MyDeals.
Or, if you are staying close to home, enjoy savings in your own back yard. Did you know? – Save up to 50% for dining needs, shopping, car services, cell phone service, entertainment, theme parks, hotel stays, cruises, movies, home improvement, MORE,MORE,MORE. Examples: close to 600 discounts available in north Idaho, over 2000 discounts available in the treasure valley, close to 1000 discounts in east Idaho, over 250 discounts in the Magic Valley. IEA members have saved as much as $600 in one summer using this IEA member benefit. Take advantage of your IEA/NEA member benefits and enjoy your summer.
If the phrase “group tour” makes you envision a crowd in matching windbreakers lining up behind a flag-wielding trip leader, think again. Guided vacation companies embrace the notion that 21st-century travelers want unique, engaging experiences that go beyond merely viewing a destination’s iconic highlights.
“It’s about authentic experiences,” says Paul Wiseman, president of Trafalgar, a 68-year-old guided vacation company. “It’s very clear that the new generation of traveler wants to connect with insider experiences.”
That’s great news for people yearning to travel, and you can choose from a host of engaging tours to explore the world.
Why take a guided trip instead of going it alone? The United States Tour Operators Association explains that group trips can save time, money and hassle. They also offer the chance to connect with other like-minded globe-trotters.
But what really distinguishes guided tours are the expert guides who lead these one-of-a-kind journeys.
“They take you to places off the beaten path that you’d never find on your own,” says Lucas Bialecki, U.S. Groups business development manager for G Adventures. “They show people a way of travel that will connect them with the locals as much as possible.”
What kind of guided tour should you take? There are hundreds of trips available, so you’ll want to narrow down your choices to the types of tours that will give you an experience that caters to your personal preferences.
Ask yourself these 8 questions to select the best excursion for you:
1. Where do I want to go? In total, tour companies such as Trafalgar and G Adventures travel to all 7 continents, with trips to more than 100 countries. The possibilities are endless—and seemingly overwhelming. Take some time to explore the maps, itineraries and videos on tour operators’ websites to determine where your wanderlust will lead you.
2. What’s my travel style? Guided vacations are tailored for widely different interests. Choose from classic journeys (London, Paris, Tuscany), active itineraries (biking and hiking, or high-adrenaline adventures in Alaska), leisure trips (a more relaxed pace with upgraded comforts) and family tours (age-appropriate activities and food for the fussy).
3. How many other people do I want to travel with? Picture your ideal companions before choosing your trip. If you’re celebrating an anniversary, you might not want a group with lots of young kids. But if the journey is intended to open your children’s eyes to the world, traveling with other families could be ideal. A smaller group builds camaraderie and blends in at the destination more easily, but a larger group has its own benefits. You have the chance to get to know more people, and prices often are less expensive.
4. What activities do I want to experience? This is where guided trips really shine—with the unique, hands-on activities curated for your group. Cooking with an Italian chef, dude ranching in Montana, whisky tasting at a Scottish distillery, biking in British Columbia, hiking with a knowledgeable local guide and salsa dancing in Guatemala are all possible on a guided vacation. All you have to do is consider what kinds of excursions speak to you.
5. What am I hungry for? Exotic cuisine can be one of the most memorable parts of your trip, but everyone has different tastes. Are you an adventurous eater (fried scorpions), a locavore (farmstead cheese) or more traditional (cheeseburger, please)? Weigh a trip’s dining options with your culinary preferences.
6. Where do I want to sleep? Your lodging can offer so much more than a good night’s rest. It’s an experience in its own right. Options range from a boutique hotel in the heart of the city to a renovated lakeside palace or a homestay in the country.
7. How do I want to get around? Think about how the tour will navigate at the destination. Maybe you’d prefer the comfort and reliability of an air-conditioned bus. Alternatively, taxis and trains (or camels and rickshaws) let you rub shoulders with the locals and reduce your travel footprint.
8. How spontaneous do I want to be? Some trips offer more flexibility than others. Consider whether you’d like downtime with the chance to explore on your own or if you’d rather stick with your group 24/7 and adhere to a preplanned schedule.
So what’ll it be? Viewing exotic creatures in the Galápagos or cycling in Central America? Cooking in Charleston or paddling California’s Pacific Coast? Sipping sangria in Spain or trekking in Tibet? Guided tours can take you anywhere—from the United States, Caribbean and Mexico to Europe and the Arctic. Pick your pleasure, and leave the rest to the professionals.
Start dreaming about—and planning—your next getaway with Trafalgar and G Adventures. As an NEA member, you’ll save with our exclusive discounts.
Check out Trafalgar’s vacations for NEA members.
Discover G Adventures for NEA members.
FEATURED NEA RESOURCE
Looking for more classroom content and educator advice? Then check out Supported.nea.org, NEA’s new online portal to its universe of professional supports and development opportunities, events, education news, and edCommunities groups. Search by your education position, grade level, subject matter interest, and more to find the resources you need.
Tips from NEA Educators in Classrooms Around the US
If I had a nickel for every pencil I’d given out in my classroom which then disappeared into the student cloud, I’d be rich enough to buy my own pencil company! How do you hold onto your precious pencils after lending them to students? Use one of these tried and true tips and have fun in the process.
NEA Click & Save leverages the purchasing power of all members of NEA to negotiate with top brands to provide the best savings.
These exclusive savings and Member Pricing offers aren’t available to the general public, so make sure you always check NEA Click & Save first before paying full price.
Top Trending Among Members This Week:
Lenovo: Up to 40% off + 9x WOWPoints
Hotels: Corporate Pricing + 5x WOWPoints
Macy’s: 25% Off + 6x WOWPoints
The Home Depot: Spring Black Friday + 3x WOWPoints
Neiman Marcus: Earn $500 Gift Card + 6x WOWPoints
Dell: Save up to 35% + 3x WOWPoints
Lowe’s: Spring Black Friday Deals + 3x WOWPoints
HP: Buy 1, Get 1 at 40% off + 3x WOWPoints
Nordstrom Rack: Up to 70% off + 6x WOWPoints
NY Yankees Tickets: Up to 50% Off + 5x WOWPoints
Norton Internet Security Software: Save $100 + 30x WOWPoints
Lord & Taylor: Friends & Family + 12x WOWPoints
NEA Member Benefits is always finding great tips for members to save money on essentials. This article gives a lot of great help when you buy groceries!
“No foolin!” (This is April Fool’s Day, don’tcha know.)
IEA Member Benefits has launched a new website in response to advice from the IEA Technical Specialist. This will make IEA Member Benefits more visible to you, our valued members. Now you can get to all of the benefits available to you as an association member more quickly.
See us at ieamemberbenefits.org and continue to learn and use the dozens of benefits available to you that makes your membership valuable. Be sure to bookmark this site.