Members Advantage E-Newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest special offers from our IEA Member Benefits.
Buying a car can be exciting, but it can also be complex. While a new car may stretch your budget, a used car may require costly repairs. So how do you decide? Ask yourself how you will use the car. How much can you afford? What kind of deals are available? Is leasing a good choice? Find answers to these questions and more at: neamb.com/right-car-for-you
The NEA® Auto Buying Program offers members a great way to buy or lease their next new or used car with no cost to use the service.
See What You Should Pay
The TRUECar price curve shows you what others are paying for the car you want in your local area, so you know you’re getting a good deal.
Get Guaranteed Savings on New Cars
See upfront dealer pricing information and lock in your Guaranteed Savings on new cars before you visit the dealership.
Get Additional Discounts on Used Cars
Save hundreds off the list price with used car discounts and access to free Carfax reports – just for members.
Enjoy a Stress-Free Car Search
Access a trusted network of over 12,000 Certified Dealers and connect with your personal contact at your selected dealer and get out in half the time!
TicketsAtWork is pleased to offer entertainment and travel discounts for both regional and nationwide attractions and events to all IEA members. Now you’ll have access to exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Vegas shows & more. These discounts are not available to the general public and are exclusive to the TicketsAtWork Corporate Discount Program. Be sure to visit often as new products and discounts are constantly being added!!
Here’s how to take advantage
1. Go to https://ticketsatwork.com/tickets/
2. Click on “Become a Member”.
3. You will then be prompted to create an account with your email address & company code: (IDAHOEA)
4. Once enrolled you will receive regular email notices about the latest deals!
Now you will have access to all the savings nationwide.
IEA Member Benefits business partners attended the 2018 Delegate Assembly held on April 20-21 in Boise. They were present to display their programs and products to the 400 delegates from some 60 locals throughout the state.
At the Friday evening social (partially funded by California Casualty and IEA Member Benefits) prizes were awarded from some of those business partners.
· California Casualty (auto and home insurance) awarded a $25 Amazon gift card
· American Fidelity (disability insurance) awarded two $25 Amazon gift cards
· Idaho Vision Services (group vision insurance) awarded two cool sunglasses
· NEA Member Benefits awarded two $25 Visa gift cards
· Wells Fargo (NEA Home Financing Program) displayed throughout the DA
· Giving to Teach (Realtor Commission Discounts) displayed throughout the DA
· IEA Member Benefits awarded the grand prize (an Echo Show)
Burley Jr/Sr. High School and Firth Middle School each received a $1000 grant; Burley’s grant will pay for cross country uniforms and Firth’s will provide volleyball uniforms and equipment. The local presidents from Cassia County and Firth accepted the awards at the IEA Delegate Assembly on April 20.
Athletes at 79 public middle schools and high schools in 32 states will benefit from the 2018 California Casualty Thomas R. Brown Athletics Grant program. More than $83,000 is being given to aid sports programs affected by tight budgets. California Casualty ensures autos and homes as an IEA Member Benefits business partner since 1988.
The grant is named for California Casualty Chairman Emeritus Tom Brown, an avid sportsman who believes that teamwork, confidence and sportsmanship help develop high achievers in academics and in life. Since its inception in 2011, more than $660,000 has been awarded to some 600 schools across the nation.
“All students should have the opportunity to compete,” said Lisa Almeida, Assistant Vice President. “California Casualty’s 67-year commitment to educators and schools also reaches to athletic fields.”
We hope that during your visit to our IEA MB site you will see the personal value to you as a member of the Idaho Education Association/National Education Association.
Being a member of our professional association brings professional benefits. Your local, state and national associations provide the benefit of collective effort to improve your professional life as a public school educator.
Your membership also brings you benefits for your personal life. Thousands of IEA Members take advantage of the approximately five dozen benefits available through the IEA and NEA member benefits corporations.
For specific details on the benefits from the national level, visit www.neamb.com or just click any program on this site to be directed to that information.
We are also providing here all kinds of information that can be of benefit to your professional and personal lives.
Enjoy your benefits and thank you for being a member of the IEA/NEA.
Director, IEA Member Benefits Corporation
The Idaho Education Association (IEA) Member Benefits Corporation was incorporated in 1993. the stated purpose of the corporation is to obtain and provide special discount goods and services to the membership of the IEA. These efforts are supported by the National Education Association Member Benefits program. The corporation maintains an office within the IEA headquarters, and has a two-person staff. The Director of Member Benefits Corporation is Richard (Dick) Chilcote; he has held the position for over 17 years. There is also a Member Benefits Corporation Associate. Both positions are part time.
The IEA MBC is governed by a five person Board of Directors. These directors include both the President of the IEA and the Executive Director of the IEA. The corporation has both a President and a Vice President who are elected annually.
The Idaho Education Association Member Benefits Program will provide consumer opportunities in a statewide market with broad accessibility to IEA members. The benefits program will attract and maintain IEA membership by providing quality service, competitive prices, consumer awareness and a process to resolve member concerns fairly.
–It’s always about the member!
Services and Resources Provided
- MBC organizes the vendor arena at each annual Delegate Assembly. This effort includes coordinating business partner attendance and contributions, as well as managing drawings and giveaways at the MBC table and end-of-day reception.
- MBC coordinates member inquiries and completes referrals to the appropriate business partners.
- MBC maintains a master list of all IEA/NEA benefit packages a member may utilize, both on the internet and at the MBC office.
- MBC delivers staff and member training when requested to enhance member awareness and utilization of the numerous insurance, discount, travel and professional development opportunities. MBC coordinates these sessions with the NEA Member Benefits state liaison and staff within the nine regions of the state.
- MBC maintains a website with program details for members to access 24/7. MBC also publishes a monthly electronic newsletter for members at no cost to the member.
Summer is coming. Travel may be in your plans. Use your NEA Member Benefits to save on that great vacation!!
NEA Member Benefits is offering you three ways to save on travel plans.
Visit NEA Vacations for details on ways to save. Don’t forget to buy airfare while you’re there. Apply your NEA Travel Dollars to save even more!
NEA Car Rental Program
Make room for road trip fun with these deals from Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, National and Dollar.
Visit www.neamb.com/carrental to access these fantastic deals.
Make a great escape and go on a guided tour with these member discounts:
- Trafalgar: Get up to 15% off a worldwide tour AND save $300 on flights to Europe.
- G Adventures: Receive a 15% discount when you book a tour. Choose from more 100 countries on seven continents.
Head over to https://www.neamb.com/travel/guided-vacations.htm and book your tour today.
Another great discount benefit from NEA Member Benefits! Save money on online purchases of appliances big and small.
GE Appliances is the leader in premium finish choices. Don’t miss out on additional rebate savings on Profile, Café and Monogram brand appliances. Plus, NEA members receive Free Delivery on orders over $399 every day. See the GE Appliances Store for details:
Already registered? Visit the GE Appliances Store at www.shop4ge.com.
Need to register? Visit the Home and Auto Discounts category at www.neamb.com and click the Start Shopping button to register for access to the GE Appliances Store. Once registered, you can login to shop anytime at www.shop4ge.com.
NEA members save money on thousands of brand-name items at Costco every day. From fresh foods and health & beauty items to clothing, electronics and home improvement products, you’ll find everything you need to spruce up your home (and yourself) for spring!
When you join as a new Costco member, you will receive coupons for free products and other savings valued at $60. That could help offset the cost of your first year’s Costco Gold Star Membership at $60!
Become a new member of Costco: go online to www.neamb.com/costco, complete and print the Costco membership invitation and special offers page, and present them at any U.S. Costco location—it’s that simple!
As a member of IEA/NEA you are covered with a free life insurance policy. Coverage is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America (Prudential). To help give your family the insurance protection and added peace of mind they deserve, the NEA Members Insurance Trust® offers Complimentary Life Insurance at no extra cost to Active, Staff, Reserve and Life members.
This complimentary coverage includes:
- Up to $1,000 of term life insurance ($200 per year of continuous membership to a maximum of $1000.)
- Up to $5,000 of accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage ($1000 per year of continuous membership to a maximum of $5000.)
- $50,000 of AD&D insurance for any covered accident that occurs on the job or while serving as an Association Leader.
- $150,000 of life insurance for unlawful homicide while on the job.
Who should your coverage be protecting?
Settle this important question today by taking a moment to name one or more beneficiaries. If the worst happens to you, your choice will clear up doubts and cut through delays—speeding up benefit payments for loved ones who need them.
Your complimentary coverage is a great first step. Is it enough?
Many members rely on NEA Complimentary Life Insurance to supplement school district coverage. But the combined benefit may not be enough for family members to remain in your home or pay their bills easily. Our coverage calculator helps you assess their needs.
With this calculator you can determine if you wish to purchase additional life insurance coverage with the several options available from NEA Member Benefits.
A month and a half away brings that pleasant time of the year when we must file our income taxes. Such fun!!
As a member of the IEA/NEA you have certain benefits that will help you save money through certain tax preparation services.
Through NEA Click and Save you can save up to $20 on software products with H&R Block and Turbotax. Check it out at neamb.com/clickandsave. You will have to register to get deeper into the Click and Save site but once you are there look for the “tax services” banner.
Also through the Educator Access Discount Program you can save up to $25 with H&R Block. You can use this service by visiting the IEA Member Benefits website ieamemberbenefits.org and clicking on the picture of the membership card at the bottom of the home page. This will take you to the Access site. Once there you can register by following the prompts using your IEA member ID from your membership card (hint: you will find the same number on the mailing label on your latest NEA Today magazine.) Once you have registered then you can do the search for H&R Block and take advantage of the savings.
Plus, there is one more option for filing your taxes:
MyFreeTaxes.com is a 100% free program aimed at those who qualify.
- Individuals or families that earned $66,000 or less in 2017 can file federal and up to three state taxes for free through an easy, safe platform and save an average of $200 in tax preparation fees.
- MyFreeTaxes is sponsored by United Way and powered by H&R Block.
- Filers can start their taxes online and finish them on their computer, tablet or smart phone. They can even upload their W-2s and other tax forms by taking a picture on their phones.
- The premium software is guaranteed to be 100% accurate and ensures filers get the maximum refund.
- Filers are not solicited, ever.
If you qualify, visit MyFreeTaxes.com or text MyFreeTaxes to 313131 to get started.
Start the second half of your school year strong. Check out neamb.com/newyear for helpful tips on:
- FINANCE: Learn how to keep your New Year’s financial solutions on track, simple ways to build a stress-free budget and more.
- WELLNESS: See how busy educators are fitting fitness into their school day, get tips to help you reduce stress and more.
- TAX PREP: Find out what educator tax deductions you can take, if you qualify for free tax preparation and more.
DON’T MISS THESE USEFUL TIPS, INCLUDING:
- How to reduce your monthly bills
- The secret to reducing debt painlessly
- 6 ways to create a work/life balance
Get the financial and wellness resources you need to make 2018 your best year yet. Visit neamb.com/newyear today!