Members Advantage E-Newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest special offers from our IEA Member Benefits.
Getting ready for the new school year involves more than just stocking the supply closet! Check out deals on apparel, backpacks, footwear, electronic devices, and more! NEA Click & Save, the online discount buying service for NEA members, highlights select retailers and merchants each month. Check out these featured “Buy-lights” for September!
- Old Navy: Find stylish clothing at reasonable prices for adults and kids alike! Save up to 20% off sale merchandise. Get free shipping on orders of $100 or more, and earn 1X WOWPoints.
- eBags: Shop the world’s largest online retailer of backpacks, luggage, and travel accessories. Get up to 40% off and earn 4X WOWPoints on your purchase. Plus, get free shipping on orders of $49 or more.
- Reebok: Outfit yourself for work or play with high-quality and durable clothing and footwear from Reebok. Save up to 50% on sale items, earn 4X WOWPoints, and get free shipping on orders of $49 or more.
- Samsung: Think beyond cell phones, TVs and appliances and consider Samsung’s other high-tech electronics and digital media including tablets, laptops and watches. Get up to 50% off on current deals and earn 2X WOWPoints on your purchase.
- Calendars.com: Get organized for the new school year! Peruse the world’s largest inventory of wall calendars, desk pads, and planners. Save up to 75% off select calendars and earn 5X WOWPoints on your order.
- Office Depot: Need school supplies? Check out daily deals and save up to 50%. Earn 2X WOWPoints on your order.
Be sure to check C&S often for unadvertised, limited time offers, including discount dining certificates from Restaurant.com. Join the thousands of NEA members already registered for NEA Click & Save. Go to www.neamb.com/clickandsave or http://www.neamb.com/shopping-discounts/nea-click-and-save-retail-discounts.htm and start saving today!
From National Education Association and Idaho Education Association Member Benefits, welcome to the beginning of another school year. Your dedication to educating America’s next generation is greatly appreciated by your professional organization, from the national to the local levels.
NEA Member Benefits is proud to offer all kinds of “starting the school year” resources that will be valuable to you personally and professionally. Looking for classroom resources? We have some for you. Wellness resources, shopping resources, financial resources? Likewise. Visit the NEA Member Benefits website (neamb.com) to learn more. There is also information about limited time offers you might want to check out.
Monthly, during the school year, you will be receiving another edition of this electronic newsletter from IEA Member Benefits (ieamemberbenefits.org) that will bring to you information about the benefits available to you because you are an IEA/NEA member. Plus, you will receive some valuable tips. Be sure to think about taking advantage.
Once again, WELCOME BACK!!
If your plans for the summer include some well-deserved travel to give you rest and recuperation for the past nine months with your students, here is some help from member benefits to stretch your summer budget. Whether you wish to work in a cruise, take in some major league sporting events, fly east (or west or north or south) to visit relatives, spend some time at a resort (a week or just a few days,) or just save some money while resting up at home on a “staycation”, follow these tips to save some money:
With the Educator Access Discount Program, you can save on hotels, condos and resorts, golf, dining, movies, recreation, and other every-day pleasantries. Go to the IEA Member Benefits website, ieamemberbenefits.org scroll down and click on the picture of the IEA membership card to take you to the Access website. Register with the last 7 digits of your association membership number, your personal e-mail address, and create a password. You only need to register once. Each time thereafter you sign in with your e-mail and password. Spend some time there and explore the hundreds and thousands of discounts available. The site will also show you how to download an app that is GPS friendly and will help you save money wherever you are.
Or…visit NEA Vacations to save on hotels and resorts, airfare, cruises, guided vacations, vacation packages and more. You will also receive “NEA travel dollars” to spend in the future on travel deals from the site.
Or…use TicketsatWork.com to save on tickets to theme parks, Las Vegas and Broadway shows, major city tours, big league sporting events, etc. Contact IEA Member Benefits (1-800-223-6583) for the company code to register on the site and start saving.
Or…visit the NEA Click and Save Program where, after you have registered on the NEA Member Benefits site, you can save on all the above “fun” things you want to do this summer.
To continue to get great advice on all your travel plans, sign up today for the free NEA Travel Newsletter and get the inside scoop on:
- the hottest member-exclusive deals
- the best places to take your next vacation
- tips to make the most of your travel experience
HAVE FUN!!! And remember that your member benefits, because you are an IEA/NEA member, created discounts to make your summer even more enjoyable.
Nearly five dozen association member benefits are available to IEA/NEA members. Ranging from financial benefits to insurance benefits to discounts to travel benefits to professional benefits, IEA members participate at a greater rate than NEA members nationwide.
Statistics for the 2016-17 membership year (the latest figures available) show that the market share of IEA member participation in most benefits is consistently better than the market share from all NEA members combined. Market share is simply a percentage of members who participate as compared to total membership.
Eighteen percent or IEA members hold an NEA life insurance policy, better than the national market penetration of 12%. Eleven percent of IEA members own an accidental death and dismemberment policy. A whopping 2800 members hold an auto/home insurance policy with California Casualty, a market share of 27%, far outpacing the national penetration of four percent. This is the most used benefit product used by IEA members. The second most used NEA member benefit is the credit card option; 1/5 (20%) of IEA members use an NEA credit card, greater than the national market penetration of 14%.
Since 2000 IEA member participation in IEA/NEA member benefits has ranked in the top 10% of market share of all the 51 NEA affiliates!! Congratulations!
The NEA® Vehicle Protection Program offers you the peace-of-mind that comes from not having to worry about the high cost of unexpected auto repairs. Backed by CARCHEX, an A+ Rated BBB Business and nationwide leader in automotive extended warranty protection, the NEA Vehicle Protection Program provides you with the highest level of extended auto warranty coverage at the lowest possible price. By extending warranty coverage beyond the term of your original manufacturer’s warranty, the NEA Vehicle Protection Program lets you steer clear of the high cost of major auto repairs.
Purchasing and Using Extended Vehicle Protection is Easy!
- Choose the coverage option and pricing plan that best meets your needs
- You choose the repair facility—you can use any licensed repair facility in the US or Canada
- After satisfying any applicable deductible, the repair facility will submit your claim
- Your claim is paid directly to the repair facility
NEA Members are eligible for a $100 discount on any extended vehicle protection policy and also receive the following benefits:
- We Pay Your Vehicle Repair Bills
- 0% Easy Payment Plans
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- Car Rental Coverage
- Hotel and Lodging Coverage
- Lock-Out Service
- Emergency Fuel Delivery
- Flat Tire Change Service
- Battery Jump Service
Get a custom quote for your make & model today and see how easy and affordable it can be never to worry about auto repair costs again!
Buying a car can be exciting, but it can also be complex. While a new car may stretch your budget, a used car may require costly repairs. So how do you decide? Ask yourself how you will use the car. How much can you afford? What kind of deals are available? Is leasing a good choice? Find answers to these questions and more at: neamb.com/right-car-for-you
The NEA® Auto Buying Program offers members a great way to buy or lease their next new or used car with no cost to use the service.
See What You Should Pay
The TRUECar price curve shows you what others are paying for the car you want in your local area, so you know you’re getting a good deal.
Get Guaranteed Savings on New Cars
See upfront dealer pricing information and lock in your Guaranteed Savings on new cars before you visit the dealership.
Get Additional Discounts on Used Cars
Save hundreds off the list price with used car discounts and access to free Carfax reports – just for members.
Enjoy a Stress-Free Car Search
Access a trusted network of over 12,000 Certified Dealers and connect with your personal contact at your selected dealer and get out in half the time!
TicketsAtWork is pleased to offer entertainment and travel discounts for both regional and nationwide attractions and events to all IEA members. Now you’ll have access to exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, tours, Broadway and Vegas shows & more. These discounts are not available to the general public and are exclusive to the TicketsAtWork Corporate Discount Program. Be sure to visit often as new products and discounts are constantly being added!!
Here’s how to take advantage
1. Go to https://ticketsatwork.com/tickets/
2. Click on “Become a Member”.
3. You will then be prompted to create an account with your email address & company code: (IDAHOEA)
4. Once enrolled you will receive regular email notices about the latest deals!
Now you will have access to all the savings nationwide.
IEA Member Benefits business partners attended the 2018 Delegate Assembly held on April 20-21 in Boise. They were present to display their programs and products to the 400 delegates from some 60 locals throughout the state.
At the Friday evening social (partially funded by California Casualty and IEA Member Benefits) prizes were awarded from some of those business partners.
· California Casualty (auto and home insurance) awarded a $25 Amazon gift card
· American Fidelity (disability insurance) awarded two $25 Amazon gift cards
· Idaho Vision Services (group vision insurance) awarded two cool sunglasses
· NEA Member Benefits awarded two $25 Visa gift cards
· Wells Fargo (NEA Home Financing Program) displayed throughout the DA
· Giving to Teach (Realtor Commission Discounts) displayed throughout the DA
· IEA Member Benefits awarded the grand prize (an Echo Show)
Burley Jr/Sr. High School and Firth Middle School each received a $1000 grant; Burley’s grant will pay for cross country uniforms and Firth’s will provide volleyball uniforms and equipment. The local presidents from Cassia County and Firth accepted the awards at the IEA Delegate Assembly on April 20.
Athletes at 79 public middle schools and high schools in 32 states will benefit from the 2018 California Casualty Thomas R. Brown Athletics Grant program. More than $83,000 is being given to aid sports programs affected by tight budgets. California Casualty ensures autos and homes as an IEA Member Benefits business partner since 1988.
The grant is named for California Casualty Chairman Emeritus Tom Brown, an avid sportsman who believes that teamwork, confidence and sportsmanship help develop high achievers in academics and in life. Since its inception in 2011, more than $660,000 has been awarded to some 600 schools across the nation.
“All students should have the opportunity to compete,” said Lisa Almeida, Assistant Vice President. “California Casualty’s 67-year commitment to educators and schools also reaches to athletic fields.”
We hope that during your visit to our IEA MB site you will see the personal value to you as a member of the Idaho Education Association/National Education Association.
Being a member of our professional association brings professional benefits. Your local, state and national associations provide the benefit of collective effort to improve your professional life as a public school educator.
Your membership also brings you benefits for your personal life. Thousands of IEA Members take advantage of the approximately five dozen benefits available through the IEA and NEA member benefits corporations.
For specific details on the benefits from the national level, visit www.neamb.com or just click any program on this site to be directed to that information.
We are also providing here all kinds of information that can be of benefit to your professional and personal lives.
Enjoy your benefits and thank you for being a member of the IEA/NEA.
Director, IEA Member Benefits Corporation
The Idaho Education Association (IEA) Member Benefits Corporation was incorporated in 1993. the stated purpose of the corporation is to obtain and provide special discount goods and services to the membership of the IEA. These efforts are supported by the National Education Association Member Benefits program. The corporation maintains an office within the IEA headquarters, and has a two-person staff. The Director of Member Benefits Corporation is Richard (Dick) Chilcote; he has held the position for over 17 years. There is also a Member Benefits Corporation Associate. Both positions are part time.
The IEA MBC is governed by a five person Board of Directors. These directors include both the President of the IEA and the Executive Director of the IEA. The corporation has both a President and a Vice President who are elected annually.
The Idaho Education Association Member Benefits Program will provide consumer opportunities in a statewide market with broad accessibility to IEA members. The benefits program will attract and maintain IEA membership by providing quality service, competitive prices, consumer awareness and a process to resolve member concerns fairly.
–It’s always about the member!
Services and Resources Provided
- MBC organizes the vendor arena at each annual Delegate Assembly. This effort includes coordinating business partner attendance and contributions, as well as managing drawings and giveaways at the MBC table and end-of-day reception.
- MBC coordinates member inquiries and completes referrals to the appropriate business partners.
- MBC maintains a master list of all IEA/NEA benefit packages a member may utilize, both on the internet and at the MBC office.
- MBC delivers staff and member training when requested to enhance member awareness and utilization of the numerous insurance, discount, travel and professional development opportunities. MBC coordinates these sessions with the NEA Member Benefits state liaison and staff within the nine regions of the state.
- MBC maintains a website with program details for members to access 24/7. MBC also publishes a monthly electronic newsletter for members at no cost to the member.
Summer is coming. Travel may be in your plans. Use your NEA Member Benefits to save on that great vacation!!
NEA Member Benefits is offering you three ways to save on travel plans.
Visit NEA Vacations for details on ways to save. Don’t forget to buy airfare while you’re there. Apply your NEA Travel Dollars to save even more!
NEA Car Rental Program
Make room for road trip fun with these deals from Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, National and Dollar.
Visit www.neamb.com/carrental to access these fantastic deals.
Make a great escape and go on a guided tour with these member discounts:
- Trafalgar: Get up to 15% off a worldwide tour AND save $300 on flights to Europe.
- G Adventures: Receive a 15% discount when you book a tour. Choose from more 100 countries on seven continents.
Head over to https://www.neamb.com/travel/guided-vacations.htm and book your tour today.