The Idaho Education Association (IEA) Member Benefits Corporation was incorporated in 1993. the stated purpose of the corporation is to obtain and provide special discount goods and services to the membership of the IEA. These efforts are supported by the National Education Association Member Benefits program. The corporation maintains an office within the IEA headquarters, and has a two-person staff. The Director of Member Benefits Corporation is Richard (Dick) Chilcote; he has held the position for over 17 years. There is also a Member Benefits Corporation Associate. Both positions are part time.
The IEA MBC is governed by a five person Board of Directors. These directors include both the President of the IEA and the Executive Director of the IEA. The corporation has both a President and a Vice President who are elected annually.
The Idaho Education Association Member Benefits Program will provide consumer opportunities in a statewide market with broad accessibility to IEA members. The benefits program will attract and maintain IEA membership by providing quality service, competitive prices, consumer awareness and a process to resolve member concerns fairly.
–It’s always about the member!
Services and Resources Provided
- MBC organizes the vendor arena at each annual Delegate Assembly. This effort includes coordinating business partner attendance and contributions, as well as managing drawings and giveaways at the MBC table and end-of-day reception.
- MBC coordinates member inquiries and completes referrals to the appropriate business partners.
- MBC maintains a master list of all IEA/NEA benefit packages a member may utilize, both on the internet and at the MBC office.
- MBC delivers staff and member training when requested to enhance member awareness and utilization of the numerous insurance, discount, travel and professional development opportunities. MBC coordinates these sessions with the NEA Member Benefits state liaison and staff within the nine regions of the state.
- MBC maintains a website with program details for members to access 24/7. MBC also publishes a monthly electronic newsletter for members at no cost to the member.