We all make these promises to ourselves at the beginning of a new year. And…invariably we, maybe as soon as two weeks later, have broken that “new year’s resolution” and gone back to our norm. BUT – THIS NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION, if you keep it and “keep on” keeping it will save you money BECAUSE YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE IEA/NEA.
IEA members have provided great examples of the savings they have experienced using the IEA’s Educator Access Discount Program: $200 savings on a trip to Orlando; a $230 room in Hawaii for $95; $100 savings at the Anniversary Inn in Boise; two for one pizzas; $645 savings on a rafting trip!
You can enjoy similar savings: go to the IEA Member Benefits website, www.ieamemberbenefits.org scroll down and click on the picture of the IEA membership card to take you to the Access website. Register with the last 7 digits of your membership card number (hint – you will find the same number on the mailing label on any mailing you receive from NEA), your personal e-mail address, and create a password. You only need to register once. Each time thereafter you sign in with your e-mail and password. Begin to search and take advantage of the some 350,000 discounts available worldwide. (There is also a free mobile app available for your assistance. Download the “my Deals” app from the iTunes App store or Google play, register using your home email address and your mobile password [the last 7 digits of your membership number].) The app is GPS friendly and will alert you to local discounts wherever you are! There is also a link to download the mobile app on the Access site under MORE < GET MOBILE.
Want some examples of some great savings discounts because you are an IEA/NEA member. HANG ON!! HERE GOES!!
• Save $5 on $25 bill at Chili’s (with the app)
• AAMCO Transmissions – 10% off any service, up to $50 discount
• Jiffy Lube – 15% off entire service order
• Dell – save up to 30%
• 20% off at Days Inn
• 10% off at Holiday Inn Express
• Depending on your desire, as much as 20% off at individual hotels or chains
• 30% off Regal movie tickets
• 20% off on single day tickets at Busch Gardens
• $30 off Disneyland Resort tickets
• $30 off at Six Flags
• 10% off purchase at Sports Authority
• $25 Advantage Reward Card with purchase of a device with T-Mobile
• $50 off on select phones at AT&T
• 20% off at Dressbarn (also on the app)
• $5 off a purchase of $25 or more at ACE Hardware
• Up to 25% off on AMC Theater green tickets
• Brooks Brothers – 15% off
• Claire’s – 20% off
• Comfort Inn – 10% discount
• Lenovo computer products – 30% discount
• Direct TV – $100 off at sign up
• New York Yankees tickets – up to 50% off
• Target – $5 off $50
• Lots and lots of local merchants at your fingertips with the Access app.
• MORE SAVINGS, MORE SAVINGS, MORE SAVINGS, MORE SAVINGS, MORE SAVINGS, WE COULD GO ON FOREVER!!
REPEAT AFTER ME: I do solemnly swear, that I will use my educator access discount program forever, and save oodles of money, and ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!
By the way, there are similar savings on all on-line purchases with the NEA Member Benefits discount program called NEA Click & Save
Save with this benefit on such purchases as: Priceline.com, Best Buy, Macy’s, Lowe’s, AT&T, Brooks Brothers, Crate and Barrel, Restaurant.com, HP, etc., etc., etc.